Sunday, February 17, 2013

Adjourning

There was a group that I was involved with at my church where we would pick up children in the community on Friday nights to teach them the Word of God and to have fun in a safe and supportive enivornment. We would have anywhere from 50-200 children a night. We all loved what we did from feeding them to just playing games or talking with them on their level. We would meet once a month to discuss our focus for the next month and the progress that we were seeing. Everybody that was a part had a positive insight and enjoyed it. We did not have to deal with any negative vibes because we are all in support on the changes we were seeing in the children. The director of the group(my mom) passed away in ‘09 so the group broke apart. It was hard for me to be apart of the group when I knew my mom started it and that she was no longer with us. To this day it is still hard for me to think about the group when I know the main person is no longer here on earth. Since ‘09, I stopped with the group. The group started back about a year ago but the turn out is not the same and it is hard for me to even be apart of the group again so I just fell back.


I think adjourning from my colleagues will not be hard. I do not really know any of them because I only see their pictures on their blog spot. Even though we do have some connection because we had a few classes together so we got to know about each other through discussions and blogs. I feel that we adjourn when we leave the class and thank each other on our blog spots. Adjourning is important because it brings closer to the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment